About Soas French Folk Dance Society
The group was formed in 2010 by Cassandre Balosso-Bardin and David Heath. They met at the Chateau d’Ars in 2010 (on the dance floor of course).
Cassandre was moving to London to study Ethnomusicology at the School of Oriental and African Studies, so they decided to start organising dances for students there, and set up the society.
They have been running a successful monthly dance, with live music and a growing audience. They hope to make the Grand Midsummer Folk Ball an annual event.
- Flyer Illustration by Cassandre Balosso-Bardin
- Clandestine mazurka photo by Simon Ford, Allsorts stock photography
- Night sky photo by Ha Wee
- Dalston Boys Club photo by Steve Savage
- Boombal photo by Croytaque
- Gennetines photo by David Heath
- Skint photo by Stephan “Stoney” Steiner
- Website by David Heath